Trying to find kitchen counter space is no easy task. Unless you plan on undergoing major renovations, there are not many options to increase this precious space. Luckily, we have something that will add storage to your kitchen and give you some additional counter space you so desperately seek. Hardwood shelf inserts!
Hardwood shelf inserts are a simple and appealing solution when it comes to creating more counter top space in your kitchen. For those who live in apartments, we understand you need all the space you can get. Many apartment spaces focus on bedroom and bathroom size. That leaves a narrow swath to stick a galley kitchen or a kitchen that has little functional space. With a wire kitchen shelving unit, you get more counter space, extra kitchen storage and a dust free, light reflecting storage unit.
The inserts are 1″ thick and made with top quality craftsmanship hardwood. The corners are notched to fit perfectly with our shelving components. They are sturdy and clean with ease. What more can you ask for? Our inserts meet the Unfinished Furniture Industry standards so the landlords out there may wet the appetite of a potential renter.
We offer these inserts in a variety of sizes to suit your needs. It is worth noting that the actual size of the hardwood shelf inserts are slightly smaller than the wire shelf size so they can properly rest on the shelves. For additional information on the actual sizes of the inserts, click here. You may personalize these with the following size options:
- 14″ deep X 24″ wide
- 14″ deep X 30″ wide
- 14″ deep X 36″ wide
- 14″ deep X 48″ wide
- 18″ deep X 18″ wide
- 18″ deep X 24″ wide
- 18″ deep X 36″ wide
- 18″ deep X 48″ wide
- 24″ deep X 36″ wide
- 24″ deep X 48″ wide
Lastly, we highly recommend that you treat and perform regular maintenance on your new butcher block to keep it looking good as new and get many years of satisfaction from it. We offer the following tips to extend the life of your purchase by 5 to 10 years:
- Clean your wood shelf insert after every use, especially if there is a spill. Wood expands and softens when moisture is allowed to seep into the counter top. Upon completing your meat preparation, wipe it down with a damp cloth and remove any stains. Use a dry cloth to remove excess moisture. Important: do not use chemicals or cleaning products on your butcher block. This could lead to such products transferring to your food.
- A scraper, spatula or something similar may be used daily to remove bacteria, excess moisture and dust. Don’t worry, you will not damage the surface. After you’ve scraped the block, wipe it with a towel applying bit of elbow grease. Important: do not use anything with a sharp metal edge or teeth that may chip the block leaving a space for bacteria to grow.
- Mineral oil is a wood butcher block’s best friend! Monthly, you should apply a natural mineral oil with a dry rag and buff it. Be sure to remove the excess oil.
- Try to keep the wood block away from any potential moisture sources such as a window, sink, over a dishwasher or washing machine. This is not critical but will help prolong the life of your block.
- Try to rotate your butcher block every few months to keep the use as evenly distributed as possible. This will help prevent one side from developing weak spots.